Call for help! 'U' Release name Mandarin speakers

On 2019-02-13 22:09:35 -0500 (-0500), Mohammed Naser wrote:
[...]
> So: chatting with some folks from China and weâ??ve got the
> interesting problem that Pinyin does not have a U!
[...]

Those with keen memories might recall we had the exact same problem
when needing to come up with a name for our "I" release
corresponding to the Hong Kong summit, and eventually settled on a
local street which had an English name (Ice House Street). We wanted
a Chinese place name, but as noted there were none in Pinyin
starting with an "I" vowel.
--
Jeremy Stanley