[tc] [ironic] Promoting ironic to a top-level opendev project?

> So I think we need to dig deeper in the strategy for Ironic, the
> adoption obstacles we are trying to remove, and discuss the options.
> Being set up as a separate top-level project is one option. But I feel
> like changing governance (i.e. no longer be under the TC) has a lot less
> impact to change the perception than, say, creating a separate ironic
> product website that explains Ironic completely outside of the OpenStack
> context (which we could do without changing governance).

Ironic product web-site might be highly beneficial anyway.

Looking at the functionally similar tool [1], those guys have an impressive web-presence. I can imagine prospective enterprise users would be gravitating toward MaaS just because of that.

1. https://maas.io