[qa][nova][cinder] ceph job has been busted on stable/pike for awhile, fix or delete?

On 12/18/2019 6:02 AM, Stephen Finucane wrote:
> If ceph was actually broken on these branches, we'd have been
> told by now. This will only be an issue if we backport ceph'y bugfixes
> that inadvertently break stuff, but who's doing that on these branches
> now?

True that I suspect most ceph-related fixes to nova would come through
Red Hat people and Red Hat people don't care about anything past Queens
(which is also EM). Having said that, stable/pike has been one of our
more active branches lately (in nova anyway) because of gibi and elod
pushing fixes there because their product at Ericsson is based on Pike.

Note that stable/ocata is still running a working ceph job (I haven't
dug into why it's working but the pike job isn't, maybe something to do
with how the devstack-plugin-ceph repo is used in the legacy ocata job),
so it'd be kind of weird to have no ceph testing on pike but have it on
ocata. Maybe we should drop from both branches - it's non-voting anyway
(on *all* branches).

--

Thanks,

Matt