[goals][Drop Python 2.7 Support] Week R-22 Update
Below is the progress on "Drop Python 2.7 Support" for R-22 week.
* I am adding this in Ussuri schedule page
* We crossed the Milestone-1 and with that, we are in phase-2 of py2 drop
which targets all the common libraries and testing tools can start dropping the py2 support.
* All the services should drop the py2 but this time. Patches are already up, review and merge them
before gate starts failing due to cross projects py2 drop.
* I pushed the patches on specs repo to cleanup py2 specific requirement or tox or zuul changes.
many projects were running 'openstack-tox-py27' which I have changed to 'openstack-tox-pep8'
instead of moving them to py3. pep8 job is enough for Specs repo.
* I saw many spec repo failing their docs job due to oslosphinx and incompatible
version of yasfb. We need to fix this along with py2 drop patches if existing
spec repo running py2 job.
Phase-2 is for Library (including client library), QA tooling. Phase-3 is mainly for
openstack/requirement and audit to all repo. (we can always adjust the schedule to
make it smooth migration. For example, dropping a few testing jobs from phase-2/3
candidates if any cross-testing jobs are failing due to phase-1 candidates dropping
The OpenStack services have not merged the py2 drop patches:
* Neutron (stadium projects)
* Trove (trove-dashbaord patch is not mergd)
How you can help:
- Review the patches. Push the patches if I missed any repo targetted for phase-1.