[goals][IPv6-Only Deployments and Testing] Week R-4 Update
Below is the progress on Ipv6 goal during R6 week. I started the legacy job for IPv6 deployment with duplicating the run.yaml which is
the only best way to do.
The projects still need to prepare the IPv6 job:
The projects waiting for IPv6 job patch to merge:
If patch is failing, help me to debug that otherwise review and merge.
* Quality Assurance
The projects have merged the IPv6 jobs:
The projects do not need the IPv6 job (CLI, lib, deployment projects etc ):
If anything I missed and IPv6 job need, please reply otherwise I will mark their task in storyboard as invalid.
* Openstack Charms
* Puppet Openstack
* Release Management
IPv6 missing support found:
How you can help:
- Each project needs to look for and review the ipv6 job patch.
- Verify it works fine on ipv6 and no ipv4 used in conf etc
- Any other specific scenario needs to be added as part of project IPv6 verification.
- Help on debugging and fix the bug in IPv6 job is failing.
Everything related to this goal can be found under this topic:
How to define and run new IPv6 Job on project side:
- I prepared a wiki page to describe this section - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Goal-IPv6-only-deployments-and-testing
- Main goal of these jobs will be whether your service is able to listen on IPv6 and can communicate to any
other services either OpenStack or DB or rabbitmq etc on IPv6 or not. So check your proposed job with
that point of view. If anything missing, comment on patch.
- One example was - I missed to configure novnc address to IPv6- https://review.opendev.org/#/c/672493/
- base script as part of 'devstack-tempest-ipv6' will do basic checks for endpoints on IPv6 and some devstack var
setting. But if your project needs more specific verification then it can be added in project side job as post-run
playbooks as described in wiki page.