[all][api-sig] Update on SIG status and seeking guidance from the community

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 5:52 AM Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote:

>  ---- On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 22:55:06 +0900 Eric Fried <openstack at fried.cc> wrote ----
>  >
>  > > feel quite good about the current state of the guidelines i'm sure
>  > > there is room for improvement,
>  >
>  > It's worth noting that there's quite a lot of unmerged guideline content
>  > under the api-sig's purview [1]. We should either close or rehome these
>  > patches before we consider disbanding the SIG. It's obviously hard to
>  > merge stuff with a small (and now shrinking) core list [2], but at least
>  > some of this content is valuable and should not be abandoned. I, for
>  > one, would like to be able to refer to published documentation rather
>  > than in-flight (or abandoned) change sets when wrestling with version
>  > discovery logic in ksa/sdk.
>
> In addition, there are many TODO also there in current guidelines [1]. Few of them
> I remember were left as TODO when few guidelines were moved from nova to api-wg.
>
> [1] https://github.com/openstack/api-sig/search?q=TODO&unscoped_q=TODO

that's a good highlight, thank you for the link.

perhaps a good next step will to be collect all the pointers to work
that needs finishing and figure out if we can triage it and plan some
sort of schedule for fixing it. i imagine it will be slow given the
current staffing, but we could at least point people at things to look
for if they want to help.

peace o/