Re: [osc] Very slow openstack commands in Stein Devstack running on VM

On Sat, Jul 27, 2019, at 9:07 PM, Bernd Bausch wrote:

snip

> My wild speculation is that the delay has something to do with
> obtaining a random number, which can be a problem on virtual machines
> due to their lack of entropy. My knowledge in this area is paper-thin,
> though. And I wonder what happens to all the Devstacks used in CI?

All of the test VMs run haveged. We preinstall that on our images:

https://opendev.org/openstack/project-config/src/commit/e02cdfa1f489838aa2bb4b449467c0ac4d83645f/nodepool/elements/infra-package-needs/package-installs.yaml#L29