Instructions for spooling up an instance

      I understand you create a flavor and an image (which can be
customized with the properties from
https://docs.openstack.org/glance/latest/admin/useful-image-properties.html)
which can then be fed to openstack server create thingie. But, where
is the script (think something like kickstart to see what I have in
mind; if I am off, I am off) that defines how the hard drive will be
partitioned and which interfaces (if more than one) will be turned on
and which will be left untouched. You know, housekeeping things that
are done before you feed the "--user-data" stuff. Where is that
defined? Can I customize it?