[docs][tc][infra] what to do with developer.openstack.org and api-site?
The website developer.openstack.org has the tagline "Development
resources for OpenStack clouds" and hosts development and API
* An index page
* The OpenStack api-guide
* The document "Writing Your First OpenStack Application" ("firstapp guide")
* The individual api-guides and api-references which are published from
the individual projects like Nova or Keystone.
The index page, the OpenStack api-guide and the document "Writing your
first OpenStack Application" are hosted in the api-site repository which
was formerly part of the docs team but is now orphaned.
Let's look at the content hosted in api-site repository
* The index page needs little updates
* The OpenStack Api-Guide: This is a small guide that needs little
maintenance (when projects create/retire API versions)
* Writing your first OpenStack Application: This was never finished and
only covers a few programming language, it's dead.
With moving the repo out of docs (see https://review.opendev.org/485249
for change), the hope was that somebody took it over - but this did not
We have an official entry point for OpenStack's development resources
and it is served by api-site repo and I suggest we look at the situation
and solve it fully.
I see the following options:
1) Retiring developer.openstack.org completely, this would mean we would
host the api-guides and api-references on docs.openstack.org (perhaps
with moving them into doc/source). If we go down this road, we need to
discuss what this means (redirects) and what to do with the Api-Guide
and the FirstApp guide.
2) Fully revitialize the repo and have it owned by an official team or
SIG (this means reverting parts of https://review.opendev.org/485249/)
3) Retire the document "Writing your first OpenStack Application", and
unretire api-site and have it owned by some official team/SIG.
Any other options? What shall we do?
Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com Twitter: jaegerandi
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D 90409 NÃ¼rnberg
GF: Nils Brauckmann, Felix ImendÃ¶rffer, Enrica Angelone,
HRB 247165 (AG NÃ¼rnberg)
GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F FED1 389A 563C C272 A126