[nova][ironic] Lock-related performance issue with update_resources periodic job

On 7/4/2019 5:16 AM, Eric Fried wrote:
>  > https://review.opendev.org/#/c/637225/
>
> Ah heck, I had totally forgotten about that patch. If it's working for
> you, let me get it polished up and merged.
>
> We could probably justify backporting it too. Matt?
>
> efried

Sure - get a bug opened for it, extra points if CERN can provide some
before/after numbers with the patch applied to help justify it.

 From skimming the commit message, if the only side effect would be for
sharing providers, which we don't really support yet, then backports
seem OK.

--

Thanks,

Matt