[Openstack-operators] [nova][glance] nova-compute choosing incorrect qemu binary when scheduling 'alternate' (ppc64, armv7l) architectures?

On 8/18/2018 10:09 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
>> This sounds promising and there seems to be a feasible way to do this,
>> but it also sounds like a decent amount of effort and would be a new
>> feature in a future release rather than a bugfix - am I correct in
>> that assessment?
>
> Yes I'd say it's a blueprint and not a bug fix - it's not something we'd
> backport to stable branches upstream, for example.

Just an update on this since it came up in IRC today (unrelated
discussion which reminded me of this thread), Kashyap has created a nova
blueprint:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/pick-guest-arch-based-on-host-arch-in-libvirt-driver

--

Thanks,