[PowerVMStackers][Winstackers][uc][tc] Encourage to transform from project to SIG

> It sounds like moving the PowerVM repos under Nova's governance would be
> a topic worthy of active discussion between the two projects.

/me discusses...

As I said previously in this thread [1], "whether by switching
governance or porting the code into the nova project, it would be
irresponsible of the nova team to assume ownership without thorough review."

And actually, it's about more than assuming ownership. Thorough review
would be prudent so the nova team has familiarity with the code.

That said, as long as *-powervm-core groups could still exist, the
PowerVM team - who are patently the experts on that code - would still
be able to integrate changes without the blessing of nova-core. (The
alternative doesn't seem tenable to me, and is in fact a problem we have
with most of the in-tree virt drivers today.)

So, forgive me for being dense, but what does that ^ gain anyone? And
what does the long-term plan for the in-tree vs. out-of-tree drivers
become in this scenario?

efried

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-April/004824.html