[telemetry][gnocchi] Gnocchi alternatives

Hello everyone,

As I read your list of criteria, most of these are fulfilled by Monasca.
I agree with Mark that it would be better to focus on one monitoring
project but I'm probably not the right person to say that as Monasca has
joined OpenStack after Ceilometer.

On 4/10/19 1:05 PM, Lingxian Kong wrote:
> Personally, I can see there are several criteria for the replacement
> project(s) of Ceilometer/Aodh:
>
> - Provide consistent API experience with other openstack services.

Monasca API [1, 2] and client [3].

> - Integrate with Keystone

Yes

> - Have ALL the metrics of core services that Ceilometer is collecting
> nowadays.

Any metric which Ceilometer collects can be forwarded through
monasca-ceilometer publisher [4] to Monasca.

> - Alarm API

Yes

> - Including all the feature-parity functionalities of current
> evaluators/notifiers Aodh already provides.

Monasca doesn't provide alerting on OpenStack event notifications yet,
but we would like to add it.

> - Last but not least, easy to integrate with other OpenStack services

You can achieve that by using webhook notifications.

As you can see there are no big gaps and we're open to contributors who
would like to close the existing ones.

Best greetings
Witek

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/monasca-api/latest/