[placement][ptg] Enabling other projects to continue with placement or get started

On 4/10/19 1:25 PM, Chris Dent wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Apr 2019, Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
>> We would rather have ironic aware that some nodes are reserved for internal
>> bookkeeping.
>
> Could you query placement for that "bookkeeping"? That's what
> placement does.

It means replacing a short database query with a call to a remote resource with
all the associated performance and reliability penalties. Also if someone
creates an allocation in Placement directly, we won't have an associated ironic
allocation, which is fine, but may be confusing for users. E.g. they see a free
node in ironic, but it's actually occupied in Placement.