[placement][ptg] Placement Over The Parapet

>From the etherpad [1]:

* What's going on in the rest of the world:
     * where placement can help
     * that can help placement

It's a whole big world out there, people doing all sorts of things
that maybe look a bit like what placement does. What can we learn
from them? What can they learn from us? In what ways can we expand
placement world dominance and improve its ecosystem diversity?

We are often so busy in the depths of OpenStack that it is hard to
remain aware of what is out there. What is?

For example, would there be any purpose in experimenting with
plugging placement into the pluggable scheduling concept in k8s? Is
that totally crazy or intriguing?

I don't know because it's hard to make the time, but it would be
valuable to know.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/placement-ptg-train

--
Chris Dent                       Ù©â??̯â??Û¶           https://anticdent.org/