[placement][ptg] Aggregate on root spans whole tree policy:

>From the etherpad [1]:

* Last PTG for Stein, we decided the following policies and have done so in Stein

     A) Aggregate on root spans whole tree for ``members_of=``
        requests in 'GET /allocation_candidates'
     B) This spanning policy doesn't apply to granular requests
        ``members_of<N>=`` or to requests in 'GET /resource_providers'
     C) This change is a bug fix without microversion

   However, I now feel the policy B is weird. Consider a case where
   only granular requests are used in the request. If operator puts
   aggA on root, aggA applies the child or not depends on cases how
   you created the request. That's very difficult for operators to
   debug...

This is from Tetsuro, so perhaps he can add some additional info,
but basically I think what's being requested here is some discussion
on whether changing B is warranted.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/placement-ptg-train

--
Chris Dent                       Ù©â??̯â??Û¶           https://anticdent.org/