Subject: RE: How do I get my MX870 Canon Printer to work
with ubuntu? => [SOLVED]

> To: ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: glgxg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: How do I get my MX870 Canon Printer to work with ubuntu?
> Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 20:58:48 -0700
>
> On 05/29/2010 07:56 PM, Kurtus H wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I tried the link below and it did not give any error messages so I
> > believe that it installed the driver correctly, but when it finished
> > installing it gives the following message:
> >
> > The printer registration has not been completed. Register the printer
> > manually by using the lpadmin command.
> >
> > I looked at the options for this and tried some, but I do not know
> > what option to use to register the printer and if I need to reference
> > a specific name or not.
> >
> > Thanks for the help. I think it is almost fully installed.
> >
> > Kurtus
>
> Please bottom post on this list (meaning put your response at the bottom
> of the quote.
>
> Try this instead:
>
> 1. Open nautilus (Place|Home) and navigate to where you saved
> cnijfilter-mx870series-3.30-1-i386-deb.tar.gz
> 2. Right click on cnijfilter-mx870series-3.30-1-i386-deb.tar.gz and
> select 'Extract here'. That will create a new folder:
> /mx870/cnijfilter-mx870series-3.30-1-i386-deb
> click into that folder and then the subfolder:
> /mx870/cnijfilter-mx870series-3.30-1-i386-deb/packages
> 3. Double-click on cnijfilter-common_3.30-1_i386.deb
> and install.
> 4. Double-click on cnijfilter-mx870series_3.30-1_i386.deb
> and install.
>
> That's it. You will now get a MX870 in the selections for Canon in
> System|Administration|Printers when you add a new printer.
>
> And yes... I just tested on my 32bit system - works. Haven't tested on a
> 64bit.
>
> I still *highl...

y* recommend that you try turboprint - fully functional
> for 30 days, so if you don't want to purchase you don't have to.
>

> --

Hello NoOp,

I gave it a try and that worked.  I am learning ubuntu a little at a time.  I had never worked in a Linux system- always MS Windows or MS DOS.

Thanks for your help!!  Thanks also to all the others that responded also!!

Kurtus

Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Learn more. --
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: