Subject: RE: Problem building Xerces 2.7.0 with Cygwin

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bertoni [mailto:dbertoni@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 1:43 PM
To: c-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Will Sappington wrote:

(snip)

>> export XERCESCROOT = c:/proj/3rdParty/libs/xerces-c-src_2_7_0

> Why are you using a DOS-style specification here? I would recommend
you
> use /cygdrve/c/proj/3rdParty/libs/xerces-c-src_2_7_0 instead.

This was the problem and I suspected it might be. That's what I was
referring to when I said I would keep digging into it - trying other
path specifications. I tried this because Cygwin seems to handle the
various path conventions on the command line and in scripts with no
problems. It was just what I decided to try first.

(snip)

>> /cygdrive/c/proj/3rdparty/libs/xerces-c-src_2_7_0/src/xercesc
>>
>> $ make
>>
>> Makefile:73: *** target pattern contains no `%'. Stop.
>>

> I believe this is a result of the way you specified XERCESCROOT.

Indeed it was. Thank you for the help.

-will