Subject: Re: Courier-imap 4.0.2 setup with qmail-ldap

>>> Courier IMAP supports IMAP Quota extension
>>>
>>> There are SquirrelMail plugins that utilize IMAP Quota extension.
>>>
>>> Possible issue - message deletion when user is over quota.
>>>

>> sorry if this post is more on courier-imap than qmail-ldap
>>
>> i've read the courier-imap docs on maildir quota saying that this will
>> not work if
>> "This is the best solution when the default Maildir is located in each
>> account's home directory. This solution will NOT work if Maildirs are
>> stored elsewhere, or if you have a large virtual domain setup where a
>> single userid is used to hold many individual Maildirs, one for each
>> virtual user. "
>>
>> so is it true that if i am using vmail as user and group, i will not be
>> able to use this functionality?
>> all my user maildirs are inside /var/vmail (virtual user setup)
>>
>> any suggestions? because i would like all my webmail users
> (squirrelmail)
>> to see their maildir usage.
>
> courier-authlib 0.55.
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/courier4 \
> --without-authpam --without-authuserdb --without-authpwd \
> --without-authshadow --without-authcram --with-authldap \
> --without-authmysql --without-authvchkpw --without-authpgsql \
> --without-authcustom
>
> it is possible that some flags are not correct. I've only copied options
> from courier-imap 3.0.8 config and courier docs argue about not using
> them.
>
> authldaprc diff attached
>
> courier-imap 4.0.2
>
> export COURIERAUTHCONFIG=/opt/courier4/bin/courierauthconfig
> export CFLAGS=-I/opt/courier4/include
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/courier4 \
> --enable-workarounds-for-imap-client-bugs \
> --enable-unicode
>

> imap configuration file modified to increase maxperip and enabled imap
> start.
>
> main issues
> - no default quota value. must set it in ldap.
> - courier can use combined size and count quota format. qmail uses two
> ldap attributes.
>
> Quota Usage plugin 1.3
> http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=59 - Works. config file is
> copied from sample file. nothing changed.
>
> Check Quota plugin 1.4
> http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=237 - Works. config file is
> copied from sample file. nothing changed.
>
> You can use courier's authldap module with qmail-ldap, but courier 3.0.8
> with qmail's auth-imap is better. It is provides better support and
> flexibility. I suspect that with courier authldap module ldap server must
> support authentication schemas used in passwords. openldap does not
> support some of schemas used by qmail-ldap. It would be better to write
> own authentication module designed for qmail-ldap, but use of courier's
> authentication daemon only adds one more point of failure and limits
> number of concurrent connections.
>
> --
> Tomas

> [...]

I was not using daemontools to start courier-imap 4.0.2. I've used
standard authdaemon and courier imapd startup scripts.

standard courier-imap configuration file is called imapd and not imapd.dist.

If I wanted to use daemontools in order to get multilog based logging and
control imap with svc, I would have to rewrite courier's startup script.

If you use courier-imap 3.0.8, then capability string is set in
/var/qmail/control/qmail-imapd.rules and startup scripts are provided by
qmail-ldap patch. I think startup scripts provided by qmail-ldap don't
work with courier-imap 4.x, because imaplogin command syntax was changed.

--
Tomas

Privacy