osdir.com
mailing list archive F.A.Q. -since 2001!

Subject: Subject Deleted - Possible Spam

List: health-discussion-help

health-discussion-help Navigation:

Website Speed Performance Monitoring

Msg Deleted: Probably Spam

Thread at a glance:

Re: can N-Back training improve fluid intelligence?

If you have guessed the correct answer, then it might not be your true BIP, but who knows. Seems like you perform worse from trial 1 to 3, and then raise to 26.7. Might be other factors at work here.Do a couple of more trials with a fresh mind and see how you do. 2011/2/16 DziaÅo, Christopher <chrisdzialo@xxxxxxxxx> I don't really understand this test and the results. I took this test to see how I would perform from past attempts. First attempts I wasÂnervousÂand not in the 'mode.' All trials were taking about 20 minutes ago. I have some intracranial pressure, in a slighly depressed and down mode, and have not eaten. 1st - 11.4 bits/s2nd - 10.0 bits/s3rd - 4.00 bits/s4th - 26.7 bits/s (http://i55.tinypic.com/30u3akw.png) I get very depressed and hard on myself when I perform poorly, and I think that has an effect on my score. I increased myÂconcentration, and after the trial speed increased, I could not even make out the letters. It wasÂinterestingÂbecause as I could not clearly make them out, I began to guess/feel what the letters were. According to:Âhttp://www.v-weiss.de/lehrl.html Does this mean I fall near the IQ 140 range? Percentile IQ 1 BIP(ms) CkÂ(bit/s) 99.8 140 ÂÂÂÂÂÂ-41 25 I have been n-backing at Q3B and variousÂmodalitiesÂfor 45mins-1h daily.2011/2/13 oà sont les Neigedens d'antan? <jlamb@xxxxxxx> I've scoured this site (http://www.v-weiss.de/lehrl.html) pretty thoroughly, I think, but can't find this graph or table that everyone's alluding to (that would show the correlation between RAM (in bits) and IQ. ÂI found the chart that plots processing speed (bits/ s) vs IQ, but not the other. ÂIf someone wouldn't mind either posting a direct link to this chart or posting the IQ that correlates with a RAM of 350ish I would be much obliged:) -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence" group. To post to this group, send email to brain-training@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to brain-training+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/brain-training?hl=en. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence" group. To post to this group, send email to brain-training@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to brain-training+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/brain-training?hl=en. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence" group. To post to this group, send email to brain-training@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this group, send email to brain-training+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/brain-training?hl=en.

[CardioTrainer Users] Re: Polar Heart Rate integration bugs

These two steps have worked for me the last two days, and I finally have gotten the HRM to record my heart rate for a work out for the first time. 1. unpair and repair the device prior to every workout (not just turn on and off Bluetooth) 2. disable autostart countdown (something happens when the countdown gets to zero where the HRM gets disconnected. I also noticed GPS appears to 'reset' at zero, but it instantly reconnects, unlike the HRM) -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CardioTrainer Users" group. To post to this group, send email to cardiotrainer-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cardiotrainer-users+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cardiotrainer-users?hl=en.

[socialactionfoundationforequity:13449 [panchayat-india] A country of paradoxes

--- On Thu, 17/2/11, Herminia Da Costa <ermincosta@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: From: Herminia Da Costa <ermincosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>Subject: FW: [panchayat-india] A country of paradoxesTo: "Avnish jolly" <avnishjolly@xxxxxxxxx>Date: Thursday, 17 February, 2011, 13:45   To: panchayat-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFrom: soter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxDate: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:45:39 +0530Subject: [panchayat-india] A country of paradoxes    How do you build a great India on a foundation of moral and ethical turpitude, asks Anthony Simoes   Sunday, 6 February 2011, the Herald front page report states: 'Goa should be the happiest state in the world by 2035; where every Goan will do well, there is harmony, pristine nature and development without destruction, eminent scientist Dr R A Mashelkar said in the inaugural lecture ofthe D. D Kosambi Festival of Ideas at Kala Academy, Panjim on Saturday. Pointing out that innovation and knowledge will drive the present century, he said Goa - owing to its small size, high human development indices, education and widespread knowledge of English is best suited to be a knowledge economy.' Dr Mashelkar then went on to describe himself as a dangerous optimist. The real danger is that the' younger generation may start taking the notion of India Shining seriously. They may swallow the big lie about India being the financial powerhouse ofthe 21 st century'even though they can already see and smell India - the environmental shithouse ofthe world. How do you build a great India on a foundation of moral and ethical turpitude? Corruption in every walk of life: even at the highest levels of academia, plagued with more than its fair share of bogus educational qualifications, leaked examination papers and plagiarism. Surely Dr Mashelkar has experienced this first-hand. He would have seen, from close quarters, how rotten-to-the-core are our elites. He wants 1.2 billion Indians to get up each morning and say: My India. What an India that will be. Unfortunately, the idea of lndia exists as a figment of the imagination of about 300 million people. The other 900 million people wallow 'in the dirt and the poverty of Bharat. 'On 8 January 2011 Gokul Singh Gond, of Druminia village, Madhya Pradesh, places his dead daughter Sohagvati on the back of his bicycle and pedals 10 kilometres to the nearest district hospital for an autopsy. On the same day, cricketer Gautam Gambhir was auctioned for 2.1 million dollars for the fourth edition of the IPL, the highest amount of money offered for the services of a cricketer, in the history of the game. If there are two images that could capture the idea of India in the 62nd year of its republic, they are these. On the one hand, India is poised to send its business classes to take over the world when, on the other, it condemns vast sections ofits citizens to sub-human existence. The signature of the Indian republic at 61 is the almost seemingly unbridgeable chasm betWeen the worlds of the Gokul Singh Gonds, and the rest. Of course, there was always contempt for the poor by the rich, but the biggest change in the post-liberalisation era is that the have-nots are not looked down upon, but they simply don't exist!!!' wrote Nissim Mannathukkaren. Dr Mashelkarand his ilk will unwittingly misguide thousands upon thousands of youth, because they don't see the nightmare that is hidden in the dream. So our demographic disaster becomes a demographic dividend. Our students rush to first world destinations for education, employment" emIgration or some a combination of all three. This has spawned an.entire industry based, on corruption, cheating, fraud.,.. So, our 'students' finish up being beaten by hoodlums, or electronically tagged like stray cattle. "   This is the generation that will soar and take India to its tryst with destiny, but most curiously and painfully, it will soon dawn on one that this generation's idea of India is divested from any interest in how majority of Indians live. It does not feel that there is anything obscene in building a $1 billion dollar home in a city, in which four crore people live in slums. For it, the idea oflndia does not extend beyond the Tatas taking over Jaguar, or the nation doing well in cricket. The angst about the staging of the Commonwealth Games is not seen when millions of tons of grains rot in granaries in a nation where more than 75 per cent of the population live on less than Rs20 per day. The heart that swells up with pride when the rupee got a symbol or when 'Slumdog Millionaire' wins an Oscar, goes cold when it actually sees a person from the slum. Twenty-four year-old Reema Bhardwaj, who was nine months 'pregnant, died after she was Jenied admission at a government hospital in Ghaziabad. The baby could not be saved either. Yet, it remains a country of paradoxes. Despite having the tag of being known as the destination for medical tourism, India has been apathetic, even callous, about the health needs of its' poor.Despite having'cutting-edge medical technology, we. appear to have scant regard for life. Reema could probably have been saved with timely treatment and more importantly, some humane behaviour in accordance with the sacred Hippocratic Oath. One could argue that ideas like secularism is thriving considering that urban India spends more on Christmas than Diwali, and that malls in Delhi heralded-in a white Christmas last year with snow, elves, reindeers and trees studded with 400,000 Swarovski crystals! But real India will take another half a century to see Santa. Till then, the Chamars and Madigas will continue to be lynched alive, for daring to wear sandals or ride a scooter. We are still in denial that something like caste or heinous oppression based on it exists. While the Indian state would do anything to question the equation of casteism, with racism in international fora, the 'forward' castes among the generation text are willing to immolate themselves ifthere is a semblance of threat to the order decreed by Manul The Indian Republic is now a senior citizen and so is Dr Mashelkar. Does he care that a few months ago, Beebi Lumada, an Indian 'housemaid', was stranded at Muscat airport, having lost her passport. After five days at the airport, she turns delusional and dies of shock. Even when India plans to send a man to the moon, it could not send a man from its own embassy to help a poor woman in distress. The idea ofIndia in the present, is one which curiously does not include most Indians. It is the idea ofIndia, without the Gokul Singh Gonds and the Beebi Lumadas. The Mashelkars of this world will only make sense when such injustices stop being associated with the idea of l!1dia. When the Indian state is not, constrained to. charge Dr Binayak Sen and Arundhati Roy with sedition, Until then, the Mashelkars and Kakodkars of Goa will continue to live their delusions of grandeur In their ivory towers.   What is the good'of knowledge if our youth are reduced to so many programmed; com puterised robots?(O Heraldo, 15/2/2011) __._,_.___ Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1) Recent Activity: Visit Your Group MARKETPLACE Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center. Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now. Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use . __,_._,___ -- Truth resides in every human heart, and one has to search for it there, and to be guided by truth as one sees it. But no one has a right to coerce others to act according to his own view of truth. - Mohandas Gandhi   You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SAFE - Social Action Foundation for Equity" group. To post to this group, send email to socialactionfoundationforequity@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this group, send email to socialactionfoundationforequity+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.co.in/group/socialactionfoundationforequity?hl=en?hl=en-GB

[NH] فلم سكس صحراوي داخل حافلة 3 بنات مع شبان يتنافسو ويمارسو يمصو شباب عربي نادر لاول سكس ساخن جامد و مثير حمل سكس ساخن لاول مرة سكس جماعي عربي تصوير ساخن

فلم سكس صحراوي داخل حافلة 3 بنات مع شبان يتنافسو ويمارسو  يمصو شباب عربي نادر لاول سكس ساخن جامد و مثير حمل سكس ساخن لاول مرة سكس جماعي عربي تصوير ساخن http://newcar-2012.blogspot.com/2011/02/2012-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-official.html   تصوير جنس ساخن لبنت جامدة داخل بيت شاب يصور الحمام و  و هو يمارس  ساخن مع غنج مثير حمل فلم سكس المصري استعراض صدر و الغنج الجامد  http://thebestintheworlds2012.blogspot.com/2011/02/students-say-rankings-arent-most.html   -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Natural Health" group. To post to this group, send email to natural-health@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this group, send email to natural-health+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/natural-health?hl=en.

Home | News | Sitemap | FAQ | advertise | OSDir is an Inevitable website. GBiz is too!