GLib-2.0.1 is now available for download at:
GLib-2.0.1 is a bug fix release, which is compatible with GLib-2.0.0.
We recommend that people using GLib-2.0.0 upgrade to this release.
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects
such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C,
portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as
an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
More information about GLib is available at:
An installation guide for the GTK+ libraries, including GLib, can
be found at:
Overview of Changes in GLib 2.0.1
* Portability fixes for Sun's Forte compiler [Erwann Chenede]
* Performance improvements for GObject parameter lookup,
g_filename_to/from_utf8() [Alex Larsson]
* Actually check interface prerequisites [Matthias Clasen,
* Fix problem with glib-mkenums taking huge amounts of stack. [Owen Taylor]
* Fix g_signal_handlers_disconnect_by_func() for C++ [Damien Sandras]
* Fixes for g_log() and threading.
[Sebastian Wilhelmi, Miroslaw Dobrzanski-Neumann, Tim Janik]
* Make g_print(), g_printerr(), g_warning(), etc, convert from
UTF-8 to the encoding of the locale [Sebastain Wilhelmi, Tim]
* Fixes for GIOChannel on windows. [Tor Lillquist]
* Fix gsize/gint mismatches in giochannel.c [Miroslaw]
* Fix file descriptor leak in g_file_get_contents() [Matthias]
* Workaround iconv() problems on older Solaris [Lauri Alanko]
* Fix warnings with gcc-3.1...
about asm const [Cody Russel]
* Minor bug fixes.
Other contributors: Hans Breuer, LEE Sau Dan, Sven Neumann, Salmaso Raffaele,
Akira Tagoh, Morten Welinder
29 March 2002