Re: gtk_widget_unparent

<stonybrk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > According to the docs, you are not supposed to use
gtk_widget_unparent.

> This is what the GTK+1.2 docs say about gtk_widget_unparent:
>
> |gtk_widget_unparent ()
> | void gtk_widget_unparent (GtkWidget *widget);
> | widget :
>
> That's all there is. Secondary literature tells me it is supposed to
be
> used in derived widgets. There is nothing fundamental about this
statement;
> and it won't be there if it weren't supposed to be used at all.

Damn. My bad. I have both the 2.0 and 1.2 docs on my machine and in this
instance I looked at the 2.0. This is what it said.

This function is only for use in widget implementations. Should be
called by implementations of the remove method on GtkContainer, to
dissociate a child from the container.

Best Regards,
Norman Black
Stony Brook Software