Subject: [gurps] Role Playing WW1

Anyone done a campaign during the WW1 time period?

Agreed about no one was ready for the war, as well as what else happened.
The Flu of 1918 was spread in part it seems cause of the war, 1916 troops
got it, they got weak from war stress, the bug mutated, alot of people in
close numbers to each other.

WW1 could have been alot worse. Medical care was better than US Civil War
and Crimea.. The survival rate of a wounded soldier went up?

Poltics changed, after all, from what I hear, Gallipoli was a nail in the
Empires coffin, when it came ot ANZAC troops as well as others..

Major social changes came about post war. From women sufferage, jobs and
more, as well as racial changes.. Black soldiers doing well, was not just a
opps of Civil War, they found well for the french.. Could not deny that.

Tech changes, from tanks, planes, how they was used. Machine gun, medicine,
even genetics.. Power shift, old order was wiped out for the most part.
German/AstroHungarian/Ottoman Empires, and Russian as well. GONE.

British Common wealth was on its way as well..

Anyone like to do a RPG module or like during the times? Or include it in a
book on the while time period?

Colonial Wars and the 20th Century?

Oddly, gaming and movies are moving towards fantasy, even sci-fantasy. So
reality of WW1 might not be to well loved? or

Mike

> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:38:15 +1300
> From: Rupert Boleyn <rboleyn-OA6R/WnsTSZ02iOg2JU2CQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [gurps] Re: GurpsNet-L Digest, Vol 29, Issue 14
> <gurpsnet-l-7GxECv46xW9BDgjK7y7TUQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 04:12 -0900, Michael Adams wrote:
> > Or like the last battle before Gondor/Minas Tirith or before the gates
of
> > Mordor.. Both ending with divine or deadly help.. That they could not
win
> > with out some help beyond the normal. But agred on the generals concept
of
> > fighting the last war, how ill prepared WW1 generals were in fighting
WW1..