Subject: [gurps] Re: GurpsNet-L Digest, Vol 29, Issue 14

Or like the last battle before Gondor/Minas Tirith or before the gates of
Mordor.. Both ending with divine or deadly help.. That they could not win
with out some help beyond the normal. But agred on the generals concept of
fighting the last war, how ill prepared WW1 generals were in fighting WW1..
Most were career colonial officers, never commanding more than maybe a
Brigade (several regiments brigaded together). Most being in command until
they died, with no need for more, since to advance you had to wait for the
man above you to die in place, or you made alot of money and bought your
next higher level.

Though command attitudes and like, would make for some wierd RPGing in a
future of our planet war? Not what you know, but who you know or how much
you have in money? How would a like situation developed in our future? I
know many accuse West Pointers of being someone good old boy, I don't think
they are any where near as bad as how the British army officers corps was in
1914/1918.

Mike

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:06:25 -0900
> From: "Michael Adams" <michael.adams-ZD/I7VCdwQsXhy9q4Lf3Ug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [gurps] Role Playing Plagues
> <gurpsnet-l-7GxECv46xW9BDgjK7y7TUQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Anyone done a like things, sorry watching specials on the 1918 Flu
outbreak.

> Wierd, how a small disease not normally deadly to birds, can be so deadly
in humans.

> With a combo of access to alot of people, concentrated, whose immune
systems are weak from war, stresss, living in cold and clamy environment,
likely digging up ground all over the place. Soldiers from all over the
British Empire, training in one of several large training camps.

> The disease spread and killed some 50million in a 1 to 3 years period.
>
> How would you role play in a like world?
>
> I know it is wierd how the disease came about during a time when soldiers
was digging into the ground, with alot of exposure to birds/fowls and to
pigs.. Some theroize that the disease had been around for a while, and it
had cycled, so that some older was immune to it, but those who was like
25-30 was not immune or lower immunity, cause of age, timing, and many was
at war, WW1 was a very stressful time for many. JRR Tolkien served and you
don't seem to hear much from him about. After all, he served it seems as a
medical officer or something during the War? Makes you wonder how he was
influenced by the war, in his later books?