Subject: Re: [gurps] Banestorm?

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 16:03 +0000,
midnightwind-Wuw85uim5zDR7s880joybQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Anyone get Banestorm (4e)? Comments? Haven't had a chance to see if my
> local vendor got it in yet. Frankly, they've gotten a bit unreliable,
> and I might just order it online if I hear good things... Thanks for
> your feedback!

I like it. In fact, I like it a lot. I thought the old Fantasy, 2nd
edition was pretty bland, but Banestorm has made Yrth much more
interesting, IMO. It's still fairly 'generic' fantasy, with a bit of
everything, but I think it's a very well done example of the type, and
some attempt has been made to make all the silly things fit together.

The book is also chock-full of things that say "this would be a really
cool adventure". So much so that the question is not "what can I do with
this setting?", but "what should I do first?"

I was slowly designing a new fantasy world for my next GURPS game, but
now I think I'll just use Banestorm.