Subject: Re: Xircom RealPort CardBus 10/100+56 RBEM56G-100

In message: <20020330041751.5747.qmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Yo Yu <spambaitress@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
:
: --- "M. Warner Losh" <imp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
: > In message: <20020328193020.46871.qmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: > Yo Yu <spambaitress@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
: > : Yes, and when I try to load CURRENT I get nothing but a bunch of ACPI
: > error
: > : messages on HP OBook 4100 with this card. OpenBSD, NetBSD and any Linux
: > : works fine, even Potato from Debian.
: >
: > That's because all those others do not have acpi support yet.
: >
: > Try saying "unload acpi" at the boot prompt before booting.
: >
: > Warner
:
: Thank you.
:
: It unloads everything, including the kernel. Apparently, I need to reload
: the kernel without acpi . How would I do that, please?

Oh, I'm sorry. I make that mistake all the time :-(. I ment to say
"unset acpi_load"

Warner