Subject: Re: Sound on Sony VAIO PCG-GR300

On March 28, 2002, Sean Noonan sent me the following:
> I sent my VAIO PCG-GR250P to OpenSound. He told me that with the laptop
> he'd be able to get it running, that it "just must be a few lines of code".
> After a week with my laptop I was told that they couldn't get it to work.

I fired off an email to them last night to see what they're current
attitude about it is. They still don't have a solution for the GR
series, but they claimed it's because of a lack of ACPI support in the
OS. They pointed me toward http://acpi.sourceforge.net/ as a
workaround for Linux. Is FreeBSD implementing ACPI anytime soon?

--
Chip Marshall <chip@xxxxxxxxxx> http://www.chocobo.cx/chip/
GCM/CS d+(-) s+:++ a20>? C++ UB++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++ N@ o K- w O M+ V--