Subject: Re: Experience with FreeBSD on Toshiba Tecra 9x00
and Portege 4000

If you have been using Toshiba laptops for a while then it is a natural
keyboard to type on. I've been using the porteges for a while and am
extremely happy with my updgrade to this, I just wish the gfz card was
an ATI 7500 so DVD playing would be smooth, bar that I have no other
gripes with it, if only someone would write a usb -> serial port
converter driver for FreeBSD I wouldn't need windows on it at all.

Cheers,

Mark

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 11:30, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > From: Mark Sergeant <msergeant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Date: 29 Mar 2002 10:50:24 +1200
> >
> > 1 problem with the portege 4000, you need to run X4.2 and the way X
> > accesses the keyboard you get weird ddoubblle typing like errors until
> > you implement the followinb...
> >
> > #
> > # /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/X0-config.keyboard
> > #
> > # This should help with the Toshiba internal keyboard
> > # reppeattt problem in XFree86.
> > #
> > # 31.01.2002 Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > #
> > Rules = "xfree86"
> > RepeatDelay = 500
> > RepeatInterval = 50
> > DebounceDelay = 10
> > AccessXTimeout = 0
> > Controls += BounceKeys
> >
> > After doing this all runs nicely, sound, video, apm, wireless,
> > dvd-cd/rw,pcmcia all work great and overall is a great little laptop.
>
> Thanks! This would have taken me FOREVER to track down. This also
> emphasizes my major gripe with the Toshibas; the keyboard. Full-sized,
> b...

ut ugly feel. I make way too many typos with it, although I suspect I

--
Mark Sergeant
Senior Unix Systems Administrator

LôôkSmart International Pty. Ltd.
Level 5/388 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne, VIC, 3000
Australia
P. (03) 9648 2201
F. (03) 9648 2244
http://www.looksmart.com.au

The referring document contains privileged and confidential information.
If
you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or take
action with regards to the content, we request that you notify LookSmart
International Pty. Ltd. immediately and remove all traces of this
document.
except where they are specifically stated to be the views of LookSmart
International Pty. Ltd.