Subject: Re: Experience with FreeBSD on Toshiba Tecra 9x00
and Portege 4000

1 problem with the portege 4000, you need to run X4.2 and the way X
accesses the keyboard you get weird ddoubblle typing like errors until
you implement the followinb...

#
# /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/X0-config.keyboard
#
# This should help with the Toshiba internal keyboard
# reppeattt problem in XFree86.
#
# 31.01.2002 Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
#
Rules = "xfree86"
RepeatDelay = 500
RepeatInterval = 50
DebounceDelay = 10
AccessXTimeout = 0
Controls += BounceKeys

After doing this all runs nicely, sound, video, apm, wireless,
dvd-cd/rw,pcmcia all work great and overall is a great little laptop.

Cheers,

Mark

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 06:53, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> The two Toshiba systems are among the "finalists" for new laptops for
> our organization in the over and under 4.5 lbs classes. I suspect
> problems with the APM are inevitable until 5.0 and ACPI are ready,
> but are there other known problems with things like the internal
> modem, 802.11b, and 802.3 interfaces? Sound? XFree86?
>
> Thanks,
>
> R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
> Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
> E-mail: oberman@xxxxxx Phone: +1 510 486-8634

Mark Sergeant
Senior Unix Systems Administrator

LôôkSmart International Pty. Ltd.
Level 5/388 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne, VIC, 3000
Australia
P. (03) 9648 ...

2201
F. (03) 9648 2244
http://www.looksmart.com.au

The referring document contains privileged and confidential information.
If
you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or take
action with regards to the content, we request that you notify LookSmart
International Pty. Ltd. immediately and remove all traces of this
document.
except where they are specifically stated to be the views of LookSmart
International Pty. Ltd.