Subject: Sound on Sony VAIO PCG-GR300

Okay, I got my VAIO running FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE pretty happily, with
Xfree86 4.2 up and running. Now I'm having trouble with the sound. I
tried using the Open Sound drivers, but they just complain about
"i810: Output timed out", apparently regardless to configuration. So
now I'm trying the FreeBSD drivers.

In /boot/loader.conf, I put snd_ich_load="YES", and rebooted. It
appears to load the ich and pcm modules just fine. But I end up
getting a bunch of these:

pcm0: <Intel 82801CA (ICH3)> irq 9 at device 31.5 on pci0
pcm0: unable to map IO port space
device_probe_and_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6

According to Windows XP (in which sound works fine), the sound device
is using IRQ 9 and IO ports F600-F6FF and FEC0-FEFF.

Any pointers on making this work? It's the one thing holding this back
from being the perfect laptop for me.

Well, that an mozilla won't run, but that's another issue.

--
Chip Marshall <chip@xxxxxxxxxx> http://www.chocobo.cx/chip/
GCM/CS d+(-) s+:++ a20>? C++ UB++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++ N@ o K- w O M+ V--