Subject: Re: Talking to a Palm over USB (was Re: Talking to
a Palm over IR?)

Brandon S Allbery KF8NH wrote:
On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 15:34, Lars Eggert wrote:

Or is IRDA support required, even though it looks like a serial port? (Sorry, I'm clueless when it comes to IR.) In that case, I think NetBSD just got some basic support for it.

IIRC, Palm OS 2.x and earlier had a proprietary protocol for the IR
transfers, but that they now use IrDA.

So I gave up on IrDA, and instead am now trying to sync via the USB

The m5xx should work fine with the comms/birda port.

Well, I could never get it to work, the laptop and Palm never connected. Do you have config files for your setup?

The warning can be ignored, if the rest works (coldsync currently only
recognizes Handspring's vendor code). If the sync doesn't work after
that, though, then Palm decided to be gratuitously different. :/

It doesn't. I added Palm's vendor code and the warning goes away, but still no connection.

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <larse@xxxxxxx> Information Sciences Institute
http://www.isi.edu/larse/ University of Southern California