Subject: Re: bsd airtools for current, kernel patches

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 11:08:55AM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> Build airtools and see if it works for your card? However, the
> biggest thing that you can do is use your wireless card. Using it
> will make sure that these patches don't break anything.

At the moment, the wireless card is hooked into a stationary
machine with nothing else to establish a link to. This will
change soon, but probably not til Friday night or possibly even
Monday night. Is this good enough?

<1 844-0> (13:12:22) [will@altair ~]% dmesg|grep wi0
wi0 at port 0x240-0x27f irq 11 flags 0x10000 slot 0 on pccard0
wi0: 802.11 address: 00:04:e2:1a:f0:ba
wi0: using RF:PRISM2 MAC:HFA3841 CARD:HWB3163 rev.A, Firmware: 0.07 variant 6
<1 845-0> (13:12:25) [will@altair ~]% ifconfig wi0
wi0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ether 00:04:e2:1a:f0:ba
media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect (DS/2Mbps)
status: no carrier
ssid "" 1:""
stationname "FreeBSD WaveLAN/IEEE node"
channel 1 authmode NONE powersavemode OFF powersavesleep 100
wepmode OFF weptxkey 1

Every time I tried compiling any of the airtools, it keeps
telling me it cna't find bat/common.h, and I don't see this file
anywhere in the bsd-airtools-v0.2.tgz archive...

Regards,
--
wca