Subject: Re: Xircom RealPort CardBus 10/100+56 RBEM56G-100

Sorry to break it to you man. I have a Xircom 10-100TX +56K Modem Cardbus
card and it is also 32 bit cardbus. At this time FreeBSD does not support
it according to
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/laptop/article.html

FreeBSD currently supports 16-bit PCMCIA cards, but not 32-bit
(``CardBus'') cards. A database of supported cards is in the file
/etc/defaults/pccard.conf. Look through it, and preferably buy cards
listed there.

A friend of mine is sending me a Netgear 410TX PCMCIA card which is 16bit
and in the supported list of cards. Currently Netgear Shop is selling them
on Ebay for 24.95 plus 9 dollar shipping at
http://www.netgear.com/ebay_auctions.html

Thomas B

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Eric B . Marquez wrote:

> I've tried everything that has been mention in the above threads for the
> Xircom's. I used to able to use this same card when I was using Linux
> and thought it would work like a champ on FreeBSD. Anybody have any
> ideas?
> Thanks!
>
> This is the error message I get in my console:
> pccardd[203]: pccardd started
> pcio0: Card type 32-bit cardbus is unsupported
>
> Version: Freebsd 4.5
> Xircom Card Info:
> RealPort CardBus thernet 10/100+Modem56
> RBEM56G-100
>
> The laptop is an OLD Compaq Armada 1580DMT
>
> Configs
> -------
> /etc/sysctl.conf
> machdep.pccard.mem_start=0xd0000