Subject: StarOffice 5.2 and fonts
I've got one of those neat Dell Inspiron 8100 laptops with the
1600x1200 display, which is about 135 pixels/inch. StarOffice 5.2 (out
of ports) kind of breaks, and I think it is related to the high dots
per inch of the display.
When I'm editing an HTML document and display the HTML source in
StarOffice, what I see are blobs that seem to be most, or all, the
characters of that line drawn on top of each other. All the lines have
a blob at the far left, but some also have more blobs spread out to
the right. If I highlight (with the cursor) a portion of the screen, I
can see /some/ of the text.
This happens regardless of the font path settings that I've tried.
If I move the webfonts (from ports also) entry from the bottom up to
the top, 2 things, that I've noticed, happen. First, all the fonts
(except the HTML source problem, which still doesn't work) look /much/
better. :) The other thing that happens is that the input forms on
the hyperlink bar, which displays just above the font selection bar,
doesn't show any forms or buttons, just a blank gray area where it
otherwise would be. Moving webfonts back to the bottom of the font
path brings the contents of the hyperlink bar.
With this exception, true type fonts (the web fonts) work just great
every place else.
Here is the font section of my XF86Config:
To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxx
with "unsubscribe freebsd-mobile" in the body of the message