Subject: Re: wireless nic on two OS ?

The only persistent information is usually WEP keys. So "maybe", if your other settings happen to be whatever your card vendor picked as their default in Windows.

(Not really a question for -net, though.)

Vinod wrote:
Can a wireless NIC be configured for two operating
systems at the same time? I have one configured for
freebsd right now.will make the machine dual bootable
with windows2000 soon.so was wondering.I know my card
will start functioning when it boots up for
freebsd.will it do the same when it boots up for
windows? I think it should but just wanted somebody to
confirm it before i start.
Thanks,
Vinod