Subject: Re: loading nvidia driver causes kernel panic

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> I'm running 5.0-current a week old or so. This is my first attempt
> to run the nvidia driver on my Dell Inspiron 8000.
>
> I added device agp and rebooted the kernel. Then I kldloaded
> nvidia as described in the README.txt.
>
> Kernel panic occured with some message like spin lock not being
> in correct list order or something.

That's more than I got. I loaded X, and the laptop immediately rebooted
with no messages in the X log, no dump, and no stack trace. This was
about two and a half weeks ago. I'm running -stable on the laptop now,
and X comes up, but immediately crashes the laoptop with screen corruption
when it exits.

Matthew Dodd (mdodd@) wrote the FreeBSD nvidia driver, and a while ago
asked for feedback on the GeForce2 Go. I sent him what I could. You
might send him your dump analysis.

Joe