Subject: Re: ATA flash card under 4-STABLE

In message: <Pine.LNX.4.44.0203231135080.31670-100000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Attila Nagy <bra@xxxxxx> writes:
: Hello,
:
: > : Mar 22 23:11:02 keksz /kernel: pccard: card inserted, slot 0
: > : Mar 22 23:11:07 keksz pccardd[40]: Card "128MB"(" ") [5.0] [(null)]
has function ID 4
: > : Mar 22 23:11:12 keksz pccardd[40]: driver allocation failed for
(null)((null)): Device not configured
: > You likely need to create a custom entry for the card then, because the
: > default one doesn't work on your machine due to resource conflicts.
: Could you please help me in this?
: This is my first encounter with PCMCIA related stuff, so I don't really
: know what should I do.
: I tried to place some ATA related entries from /etc/defaults/pccard.conf
: to /etc/pccard.conf with the card "128MB" " " line, but got similar
: errors like the above.
: What else should I do?

#
card "128MB" "/ /*"
config 0x1 "ata" ?

: Another question is if I can access the card with a good pccard.conf
: entry, how will it be possible to boot from that? The machine has a BIOS
: extension which is able to boot from the flash, but I don't understand how
: will this boot a FreeBSD system? Say, I can load the kernel, it executes,
: but right after that I can't access the flash for the root FS, because the
: kernel doesn't recognize the ATA flashcard as a valid ATA device. And
: pccardd comes into picture later...

You can't have pccard root in stable.

Warner