Subject: Netgear FA410TX

Frustratingly, I had this card working for a few moments, managed to
ping out and ran lynx to go to the FreeBSD web site.

But now I can't get it going again, just get "ed1" device timeouts.
Which is probably an interrupt conflict, as the ed device docs suggest;
the Netgear DOS diagnostic program says the card is at 0x300, irq 10.

This is on a Toshiba Tecra 8000 with 4.5-Release, and only the Netgear
PCCard.

If there's a general overview of how PCCard devices are supposed to
work with 4.5-Release, I haven't found it in the Handbook or with web
searches. Any pointers?

Is pccardd required, or can I just compile settings for this card into
the kernel and have it act like an ordinary PCI card?