Subject: Re: Xircom Realport 10/100+56 problem

Matt,
Mine is not exactly the same card, but here is what I found to work.

Here is what I had to do to get mine to at least configure.

Add to /etc/sysctl.conf

# /etc/sysctl.conf
machdep.pccard.mem_start=oxdoooo

I added to /etc/rc.conf

# /etc/rc.conf
linux_enable="Yes"
pccard_enable="YES"
pccard_mem="0xd0000"
pccard_ifconfig_xe0="inet 192.168.14.8 netmask 255.255.255.0"

Should be either pccard_ifconfig OR ifconfig_xe0. pccard_ifconfig_xe0
will do nothing. pccard_ifconfig do the same ifconfig for ANY pccard
NIC while ifconfig_xe0 will apply ONLY to the first interface that
uses the xe driver.

defaultrouter="192.168.14.1"
hostname="chiefnb.ptfd.org

Of course your IP numbers !!
Also if you have trouble with the IP not catching because teh rc.conf goes
too fast you can add to rc.conf
pccardd_flags="-z"
That will hold rc.conf until it finishes. Once I got th epccard_ifconfig
right I didn't need it anymore.

HTH,
Mike