Subject: Re: disk not found! HITACHI_DK23CA-20

don't think it's the firmware upgrade.

before and after the upgrade, i can install fbsd3.5-1
but not 4.*

maybe someone did't do it right when integrating PAO

Ling Du wrote:
> i am trying to install fbsd4.4, 4.5 on a dell
inspiron
> 8100 notebook. the installation got stuck at disk
> partition part.

I have a similar Hitachi drive in my Latitude C600.
Dell has a firmware
upgrade available for download from their support site
for Hitachi
drives, maybe that'll help?

> i got:
> ata_command: timeout waiting for intr
>
> am i the only one having this problem and is there a
> fix or workaround thing?

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <larse@xxxxxxx> Information