Subject: Sound on Dell Inspiron 3000

I have a Dell Inspiron 3000 with a Crystal Scan 4237B for audio.

I've yet to be able to figure out how to configure it.

The Dell documentation claims it's Sound Blaster/Sound Blaster Pro
compatible, at IRQ 5, as an ISA device. I think I recall seeing
documentation mentioning port 0x220 and DMA channel 0, but now I
can't find the reference.

I've tried:

device sbc0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x0
device pcm

I've also tried:

device snd
device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1

without much luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? This device
isn't on the official list of hardware.