Subject: RE: Proxim RangeLAN-DS

Indeed, Justdeals has 'em.

More importantly, the Linux gang appears to have figured out how to use
the prismII's as a do-it-yourself AP... Its worth it to me to dedicate
a machine for that use. (But everything else stays FreeBSD, thank you.)

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Peterson [mailto:matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2002 3:18 AM
To: M. Warner Losh
Cc: David_W_Gray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; freebsd-mobile@xxxxxxxxxxx

<0BC5187E59E2D411A81000508BB0956901E33BE1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> "Gray, David" <David_W_Gray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> : Does anyone know anything about the Proxim RangeLAN-DS 802.11b cards?
> : There is a Proxim Harmony entry in pccard.conf, but this is the
> : RangeLAN (which they advertise as 'fully compatible' with the
> : Harmony kit - which is, of course, meaningless at the driver
> : level.)

They work fine (with the wi driver), Zcomax Prism 2.0 clone. Warner
even committed my CIS send-pr awhile ago
<http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=conf/35057>.

> : Tell ya what, tell me if I can get it going under FreeBSD, and I'll
> : tell you where to find them for <$40 brand new.

JustDeals.com

--
Matt Peterson Bay Area Wireless Users Group
matt at bawug dot org http://www.bawug.org/