Subject: RE: ESS Maestro/2E, Compaq Armada E500

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 00:46, Kevin McCormick wrote:
> :::Praises above for someone responding:::
Hey... :)

> I'm still having the problem. I can't get any sound at all out of my Compaq
> Armada E500 - I seem to only get a 'blip' when I start up X 4 with Gnome,
> but that's about it. XMMS, X11Amp, and mpg123 don't seem to give any sound.
> I tried KDE also but to no avail.
All of these works fine for me. Here is what I did I (I'll attach my
config file, /sys/i386/conf/IDEFIX):
1. Edit my conf file (IDEFIX)
2. Compile and install with the "new method", that is
- cd /usr/src
- make buildkernel KERNCONF=IDEFIX
- make installkernel KERNCONF=IDEFIX
or you can use 'make kernel KERNCONF=IDEFIX' which implies (buildkernel
+ installkernel). See /usr/src/Makefile or Handbook for details. If you
use the "old way" you have to be sure to 'make depend' and so on (as
described in chapter 9 in handbook).
3. Reboot

This should do it. I did not have to edit any of the boot loader scripts
or anything else. You may also need to do a 'make buildworld' and 'make
installworld' first if things are out of sync.

What does a 'cat /dev/sndstat' produce btw?

-Tom

--
Tom Skoglund
"When you dream you sometimes remember, when you wake you always forget"