Subject: RE: ESS Maestro/2E, Compaq Armada E500

On 05-Mar-02 Kevin McCormick wrote:
> By the way has anyone had success getting sound to work with a Compaq
> Armada, or any other notebook PC with an ESS Maestro/2E. I have added
> 'device pcm' to the kernel, done 'sh MAKEDEV snd0, and I still get no
> sound.

A little late this, but I've not read the list for a while.

Just wondered if you still have the problem? I have an E500 running
4.5-STABLE, and have had no problems with sound on this. There should be
no need to "manually" run MAKEDEV.

--
Tom Skoglund
"When you dream you sometimes remember, when you wake you always forget"