Re: alpha/36390: cvsup core dumps on FreeBSD/Alpha
4.5-RELEASE

In article <15523.27208.853432.144659@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Nicholas \"Echo|Fox\" Paufler" writes:
> > >
> > > I'm using the non-gui cvsup-16.1d package w/o any problems. It was
> > > installed around Sept 1, 2001.
> > >
> > Interesting.
> > I haven't been able to find a precompiled version of 16.1d. If you still
> > have the package lying around would I be able to get it from you to
> > attempt to see if it works on this machine? If it is related to the ezm3
> > switch this should confirm that this is in fact the problem.
>
> I've used pkg_tarup to create a package & left it it at
> http://people.freebsd.org/~gallatin/cvsup-16.1d.tgz

Off the list Nicholas told me a few minutes ago that the date on the
Alpha was set to the year 1912. That was the cause of the problem (an
overflow in a date calculation).

John
--
John Polstra
John D. Polstra & Co., Inc. Seattle, Washington USA