Re: alpha/36390: cvsup core dumps on FreeBSD/Alpha
4.5-RELEASE

In article <15523.15336.854733.561407@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> John Polstra writes:
> > In article <200203272246.g2RMkJ657777@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> > Nicholas Paufler <echofox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I grabbed the cvsup-without-gui Alpha package and pkg_added it and
> attempted to use cvsup to update ports, but it core dumps:
> > >
> > > npaufler@endor:/usr/local/etc> sudo cvsup ports-supfile
> > >

> > > ***
> > > *** runtime error:
> > > *** Value out of range
> > > *** file
> "/tmp/a/ports/lang/ezm3/work/ezm3-1.0/libs/libm3/src/uid/Common/TimeStamp.m3",
> line 63
> > > ***
> >
> > Is anybody else seeing this on the Alpha using the cvsup-without-gui
> > package or port?
>
> I'm using the non-gui cvsup-16.1d package w/o any problems. It was
> installed around Sept 1, 2001.

That pre-dates the use of ezm3, so it may not apply. Looks like I'd
better update my Alpha box and try it.

John
--
John Polstra
John D. Polstra & Co., Inc. Seattle, Washington USA