RE: Kernel compile error on AS4000

oic, in that case, I need to get reading.

Thanks for the help!

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Gallatin [mailto:gallatin@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 11:20 AM
To: Schroeder, Aaron
Cc: 'Wilko Bulte'; 'freebsd-alpha@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: Kernel compile error on AS4000

Schroeder, Aaron writes:
> I did not installworld yet, I thought that I needed to make the kernel
> before doing the installworld.

Unless you really know what you're doing, you need to make & install
the new kernel using the "make buildkernel" and "make installkernel"
targets, so that the appropriate config, .mk, headers, etc, are used.

You should familiarize yourself with -current & the upgrade procedure
before attempting to run -current. Read UPDATING & subscribe to
freebsd-current@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Drew