Re: Alpha Build

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 04:24:44PM -0500, Scott Sipe wrote:

> There are 4 AlphaStation 600's from which I could pick, 2 of them have 'TGA
> graphics cards', 2 have "normal" graphics cards and "can run X."  Seeing as
> right now I know next to nothing about Alpha's, would it be better to pick
> one or the other, or, would one or the other be better for freeBSD testing?

'normal' graphics card is slightly non-descriptive I'm afraid ;)

Can you get a SHOW CONF & SHOW DEV from all machines? Just hook up a serial
port of a PC (or terminal) to serial port #1 of the Allpha (9600N81)
and look for the >>> prompt before entering the command.

SHOW CONF will give you all info on the box. CPU speed, memory,
expansion boards etc. SHOW DEVICES will give you the peripherals

Wilko