Subject: Re: line-height.conditionality

Hi John,

line-height.conditionality is indeed what you are looking for, and itâs
not implemented yet in FOP.

ATM only the .optimum component of line-height is passed to
LineLayoutManager. This would have to be changed to pass all of the
components.

Then something would have to happen in
LineBreakingAlgorithm.makeLineBreakPosition, where there might be
a little difficulty due to the fact that half-leading must not be taken
into account when line-stacking-strategy="line-height" (although
I believe that value is not supported yet).

Then in LineLayoutManager.postProcessLineBreaks, additional elements
corresponding to space-before and space-after would have to be added to
the returned list (but you seem to have figured that out already).
I would take inspiration from
BlockStackingLM.addKnuthElementForSpaceBefore. It should be possible to
generate a SpaceProperty computed from the half-leading.

If youâre lucky that would be enough to get the conditionality working.

HTH,
Vincent

On 26/03/13 09:11, jsolutions wrote:
> Thanks Chris,
>
> That is not really the scenario I'm dealing with. I specifically want there
> to be no half leading above the first line in a reference area. At the
> bottom of a reference area, I want the line breaking to allow a line to fit
> on the page when it's line-height is too big for the page, but if you remove
> the bottom half leading then it can fit.
>
> Here is an example of it not working with the input data given, the black
> border is on the body region and the red border on the block I want
> line-height.conditionality to apply to:
>
> output.pdf <http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.c...

om/file/n38226/output.pdf