Subject: RE: referencing fonts in pdf and embedding them in
pdf-a with one fop.xconf

Ok, thank you very much for your answer

From: Luis Bernardo [mailto:lmpmbernardo@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: martedì 26 marzo 2013 00:51
To: fop-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: referencing fonts in pdf and embedding them in pdf-a with one fop.xconf

Why is it important to have just one config file?

When generating PDF FOP subsets TTF by default, unless the fonts are explicitly referenced (in which case references them) or embed-mode="full" is specified (in which case they are fully embedded). Type1 fonts on the other hand are fully embedded be default (subset embedding for Type1 is not supported yet).

So, yes, you need to config files to achieve what you want. Otherwise you get referencing.